Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Whack, whack, whack

Spring would not be the same without the bright yellows of daffodils and forsythia. BUT. Forsythia can really get out of control if left to its own devices. An unruly forsythia shrub is especially problematic if the gardener plants them too close to the gates to the backyard (ahem). So in an effort to contain and hopefully transform the offending bushes, I told my SO to whack away at them. And whack he did.


I also invited him to reduce the burning bush to a miniature size, to give the gold mop and barberry a chance to fill out. If the filling out does not happen, we can let the burning bush return to its so-called dwarf size.


And let's not leave out the boxwood.


Now I can see out my living room window.


Once the privet at the back of the lot drops its blossoms, it's turn will come. Whack, whack, whack.

No comments: